Monday, January 3, 2011

Short Term Goals

Day 6: List You Short Term Goals

I have procrastinating a blog post for quite some time now, mostly because I have been enjoying the fabulous holiday season and partly because I just didn't know what to write about. What are my short term goals? Many long term goals come to mind like finishing college, hopefully one day to get married and start a family, but the short term ones, well those are much harder for me to do. Setting a short term goal means you actually have to accomplish something in the near future. After thinking about it for quite some time I have thought of a few things that I am going to try to do this month that might help me be more happy and pleasant person!

1. I am going to submit my missions papers. Going on a mission is something that I have thought about a lot throughout my life. I have been blessed to have some wonderful examples of full time missionary work in my immediate and extended family. I know that going on a mission is something that I am supposed to do and I am extremely excited to put my papers in and to find out where I will be serving.



2. Talk to people I DON'T KNOW on campus. I am starting my sixth semester at college this week. YES SIX!! That makes me feel so old! When I started college I was so nervous and I would barely make eye contact with anyone unless I knew them very well. Since then I have become much better at it. So here goes another semester full of meeting new people and making many new memories.

3. Call more and Text Less-This is a goal i am going to admit that I am stealing from one of my friends. For me this is something that I need to work on. If you know me well you know that I really dislike talking on the phone. I am fine when people call me, but I am always worried about calling someone if they are busy or if they don't want to talk to me. I do however love leaving messages on phones:) Anyway, I am going to work on this. Especially when it comes to calling my brothers and sisters. So instead of saying hello and my love via text, I might just be giving you a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment