Monday, May 30, 2011

Letter #3

Dear Family!
I cannot beleive that I have completed my third week here at the MTC and am starting on my fourth week.  This week has been an interesting one and not gonna lie I had a slight brake down but all is well now and I am doing SO great:) My attitude of what a missionary is has changed drastically and I am now focusing less on all the things that I think I should be learning and focus on what the Lord needs me to learn for my investigators.  This last week we gave a few lessons in Spanish and I have started to try to say my prayers in spanish.  It ends up being more of a Spanglish type of language but the Lord knows that I am trying and I know he will bless me. 
Well this week I had a wonderful experience that I would like to share with you all.  Here at the MTC you have a devotional every Sunday and Tuesday night.  It is always a surprise who it is.  This last Tuesday there was a rumor going around that an apostle would be here.  We got in to the room where we all meet as missionaries, which is quite the experience in itself.  It is SO cool to be surrounded by missionaries who have such a desire to share the gospel.  We also sing a few songs before the meetings start and that is so COOL!  Anyways, so we headed in for the devotional and we new it was someone big because they weren't showing the picture on the screen like they usually do.  So we sang a couple of songs and then in walks the speaker....Elder Russel M. Nelson!!  I have a love for this apostle!  He spoke at the dedication of the BYU I Center and I just remember loving his talk so I was so excited to be able to here from him again.  Him and his wife spoke some wonderful words of inspiration!  There were so many things that he spoke on but one of the things that he said really hit me.  He talked about how we will teach people and these people will accept the gospel.  We will always have a special bond with these people that we teach and they will remember us forever.  I guess I had never really thought about how helping one person come unto Christ can impact generations of people.  These people will probably always remember the missionaries that came and taught their ancestors the gospel.  President Nelson's wife also spoke.  She talked about obedience (this is a reocurring topic at the MTC)  One of the quotes I loved from her was that Obedience brings Blessings, exact obedience brings Miracles.  After the Devotional we have a district meeting and each member of our distric stands up and says what they enjoyed from the talk, and then bears there testimony.  We had a member of the branch presidency go after all of us missioanries because we still had some time.  He brought up this quote about being obedient and added to it that some people NEED miracles.  I love that he said that because as missionaries we want to do everything we can to help people come unto christ.   The way we can really do this is to be exactly obedient so that when we teach people and we can experience miracles!! OH man it was so good.  I wish I could just tape record all the great talks we here and send them to you all. 
Now I would like to share some interesting facts with you all about the MTC.  First fact, I have decided that Tongan is the craziest language on the planet.  There are many tongans here and whenever they speak I just have to stop and listen because it's like all the words are just jumbled together, it's just crazy!  Fact number two, Everyone here at the MTC has a service assignment each week.  My zone is on Friday in the morning, So we have had to clean the stairs in our building each saturday.  We were kind of complaing about it because it is slightly boring, however, our attitudes have changed drastically.  There were some sisters cleaning our bathroom today and this girl walked out with a bag with a giant hairball in it!  I am now counting my blessings that I will probably never have to clean a bathroom or clean the showers here at the MTC.  Fact 3. my companions are wonderful.  I am now in a threesome and it is a really cool experience, and we get along really great!  Fact 4, my district could possibly the funniest district here at the MTC.  There is an elder that reminds me of Jed.  He is so funny.  I would say that most of my time here is spent studying, the other small percent is spent laughing!  The Lord has truly blessed me because it just feels like I get to spend everyday ALL day with my really good friends.  Well that is about the end of my facts, sorry if they were boring but I thought you would want to know some more details about my life here at the MTC.  Overall it is a great experience.  thanks for the wonderful letters that you all keep sending me.  I know you all write them on Sunday becuase I get a giant stack of letters on Wednesday, It makes me feel so great, but makes my district slightly jealous:)  Know that I love you all and am learning so much. 
Love ya!
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment