Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Letter #1


Dear Family,
 
Mom the email from you was so great but I do have to say I wish it were longer! What is everyone up to?? I need to here about everyone's lives and what they are up to!! How is Sam doing and how is everyone else?  I have decided you all need to set aside a time on Sunday to write your favorite missionary in the whole world, me of course! Getting mail here is like the greatest thing.  It is kind of like Christmas morning.  I am sure that you know how it feels to get mail.  It just brightens my day :) 
The MTC is pretty great.  I will not sugar coat it and say it is the greatest thing ever and that I am loving every second because that would just not be the truth.  It is hard and every day I get a little more over whelmed with everything I have to learn, but I have been very comforted by the Lord and I know that because He has given me the commandment to go on this mission in Spanish that he will qualify me to learn the language and learn everything that I need to teach people.  Even with the hard times, I really have enjoyed it here.  I have never felt so close to the Lord and I am depending on Him each day to help me to know what to study and to help me remember all that I have previously studied. 
In my district there are four sisters.  My companion is Hermana Hulme (the L is silent)  and she is also going to my m ission.  The two other sisters are going to spokane Washington.  They are wonderful people and they are helping me so much!  We are becoming great friends.  I am also becoming great friends with my district.  I am learning spanish slowly but surely.  I can say a simple prayer and bear a simple testimony.  Definitley I am learning alot but It is going to take some hard work to learn this language.  I can't beleive that I have been here for 6 days!  It is funny because it feels like it has gone by so fast but Yet is seems like ten years ago I said goodbye to mom and dad!! I have been receiving some wonderful letters and they have just made my week.  Each letter I am sure I have read more than two times and I am sure I will keep reading them over and over.  I wanted to let you all know about dearelder.com.  It is a website that you can log on to and type letters and then they print them off here at the MTC and we get them the same day they are written.  The greatest thing is that it is free!! So if you ever get a spare moment go ahead and sit down to dear elder and jot down a letter.  Even the smallest letter is so great!!
Well I wanted to share with you something that I have learned from the scriptures this week.  The Brother of Jared is quickly becoming my favorite scripture story.  In chapter 6 it talks about how they built there boats and were headed on there way to the promised land.  The waters were pushing the boat under the waves, but as the people kept praying the winds and waves, with the help of the Lord, were continually moving towards there destination of the promised land.  I feel like I am the boat right now.  Even though the MTC is difficult I need it because it makes me rely on the Lord that much more.  I know that through every experience I have here I am getting closer to him and I know that I will be able to teach the people of Ventura like He wants me to!!!  That might be a jumbled mess but that chapter has really helped me this week!!
Well family my time is running out! Know that I am doing so WONDERFUL!!! Each day I am learning more and more about the gospel.  I miss everyone but I am surprisingly not homesick and I know that this is a blessing!!  The Church is TRUE!!!!!
 
Love
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment