Monday, January 2, 2012

Letter #31

Well family I have great news!! Christmas was wonderful.  My companion is so cute and caring, she knows how much a love snow and so she had been shredding papers for weeks.  When she woke up she took the box of paper and through it in the air and wished me a happy white Christmas.  Christmas was a day I will never forget!! We had couple of appointments.  One with a lady who is getting baptized next month.  As we ended her husband had little tears in his eyes and told us how we he is grateful for us.  Ofcourse I started to tear up a little. It was just so sweet.  His wife and daughter are getting baptized together.  It was cool though because we talked about she has to keep the word of wisdom for four weeks before baptism and she has a slight coffee problem.  She simply said, well I have to stop them.  She knows that baptism is essential and is making the next step to an eternal family with her baptism.  The cool thing is that she totally understands that.  They wished us a merry Christmas.  I will be sad that I will not be there for her baptism, but understand that I will never forget them or there sweet little family!  Also I don't know if you knew this but Christmas Eve in the Hispanic culture is bigger than Christmas day.  And EVERYONE make tamales!! We were walking around Las Casitas and the streets even smelled like tamales.  Literally everyone had tamales cooking.  We went to visit someone and she gave us tamales with cheese and Chili's. It was the best tamale I have ever tasted.  She also gave us fried homemade tortillas with cinnamon and Sugar.  Delicous?? I think YES!!  She also gave us some dessert tamales with pineapples.  I still haven't tried them but they I am sure they are delicious.  Also another thing is that hispanics have pride for them tamales.  They will always say these are tamales de Mexico or Tamales de Quatemala.  I didn't realize there were so many different types, but there are.  We ate dinner with a less active who I have grown to LOVE!!  We were the first ones to try her tamales which was the first time she had ever made them:)  She also gave us little gifts.  As she handed them to us, she said "Van a gustar lo"  Meaning you are going to like it!! We wondered the whole rest of the night what it was that she was so sure we were going to like.  Well, she gave us each a scarf.  It was so cute!!  
So now for the big news!!!! I will no longer be in Newberry Park.  I am being transferred to TAFT!!! HAHAHA I hear it is the arm pit of California.  It's a small town in the desert. Near Bakersfield.  I am white washing with Hermana Hatch.  She is older than me and is and awesome missionary, well that is what I hear.  If you are wondering what white washing is, it means that the Elders that are there now are poop heads and lost the trust of the members there and didn't do anything, so President has to send some sisters in to clear everything up.  It is going to be an adventure and I am so excited!!! I can't imagine  not having a companion that knows the area, but I guess now we will be an level ground.  My companion Hermana Tippetts, will be training!!  She is kind of nervous, but whoever her new greenie, she is so lucky!!! Well I love you all.  Thank you so much for the gifts that were sent.  I am so grateful for all of the support that I receive from you, I don't think I would be able to do this without you!!
Les AMO MUCHISISISIMO!!!
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment