Thursday, June 30, 2011

Letter #7


Well family another week has passed by and I only have two weeks left here at the MTC!  That is such a crazy thought becuase when I got here it felt like I would be here for eternity!  Anyways, this week was such a great week because it was a little different to have all of the mission presidents and there wives here.  The building that we have lunch in was all blocked off because there were many apostles walking in and out throughout the day!  I was able to see Elder Scott in one of the hall ways, we were literally about five feet away! He waved and said hi to us,  It was so cool!  I also saw the general releif society presidency!  We were able to talk to them for a few minutes and then give them a hug.  They all said what a great experience a mission is and it was a boost to see them.  On friday we had a special devotional.  There were about 7 apostles in attendance.  I sang in the choir for the meeting so I had a great seat!  President Bednar gave a wonderful talk on how to be a Preach my Gospel missionary.  After that devotional we had a meeting with our new mission president.  Let me tell you that was a cool experience.  I have had a little bit of a worry becuase I really want to feel comfortable around my mission presidents.  My companion and I went into the building that our meeting was in and then were looking for the room.  He saw us looking slightly confused and said ¨Sister Clark¨¨ He knew my name! How great is that.  He was a teacher at BYU Idaho so I guessed he had looked me up and was going to call but I had left by the time he had gotten around to that.  There names are Presdient and sister Castro.  They will have three children living at the mission home with them, they are from ecuador and both speak spanish fluently and they are both converts to the church.  They seem very nice and it will be cool becuase I will start my mission when they start theres.  We are there first group of missionaries coming in when they are mission presidents.  It was interesting being in the meeting with all the missionaries going to venture.  There were quite a few but not many were speaking spanish and my companinion and I were the only sisters.  There are not many sister missionaries in Ventura that speak spansih we learned, but president castro assured us that we will learn it and be able to speak fluently.  The cool thing that I have realized is that the Lord is sending missionaries to speak the language of all the people so that they can learn the gospel in their native tongue.  There are so many scriptures that talk about that.  You might think well ya all the people going to different countries are learning the language of that country but the cool thing is there are TONS of missiounaries going to the US and Canada who are speaking random languages.  I met someone going to Kansas speaking MONGUE! Which I hadn´t ever even heard of that language but I guess there is a huge population of Mongue speakers in Kansas.  Who knew. It is such a testimony builder to me that Heavenly Father loves his children and he wants them to hear the gospel in there own language so that they can fully understand it!  )Just a little side not.  Anyway, We shared our favorite scripture with our President and then said goodbye.  I feel so grateful that I have already created a small bond with them and that they will be my mission presdients for my whole mission.
This week we got to host again and it was very fun again.  I saw one of Christina´s friends from China who I had met over skype.  We chatted for a while and it was fun.  I´m so excited to see Whitney!  I didn´t realize she was coming while I was hear.  Hopefully I get to host next week and I can give her the tour. 
So many things happened this week that I just want to like bundle all of my expereiences up and share them with you but a las, this cannot be done.  I do want to share with you a little thought from this week.  We have been learning about the paln of salvation.  What a great plan it is!  I have never really thought about how some people don´t know that there is a life after this.  The knowledge that there is a plan is so comforting.  I think usually we think about the plan as such a big thing on such a LARGE scale.  God loves all of his children and the atonement was for everyone.  However, I think that we should all take the time and think about how the plan is for ME.  Heavanly Father loves and know ME as an individual.  He suffered for me and has felt everything I have felt.  How comforting of a feeling that is especially as I have come on this mission.  I´m so grateful for this knowledge because it is something that only a few people on this earth really know.  And the great thing is is that I get to bring this good news.
I´m sorry if I am getting a bit preachy in my letters, I really don´t try to be I just want to tell you some of the things that I have been thinking about the last couple of weeks.  This last week I had something really weird happen.  I got a sore on my eye. I  am pretty sure it was a sty.  It kind of hurt, but no worries it is pretty much gone now and I am feeling healthy.  Hopefully that lasts because two of my roommates got sick this past week.  I also had the opportunity to go off campus this week to the health center.  Let me tell you it was a weird feeling because I was like not walking to the feild.  We had to go to the health center because one of my companions has a gian kanker sore on her throat!  I feel so bad for here because it looks very hurty.  this week I also was able to teach my teachers some more, but we didn´t have TRC because of the mission presdient conference.  That was kind of a tender mercy. 
Well mom said that you are all getting ready to head to Warm River.  Kera also wrote me and said that here family went down.  I didn´t think I would miss camping so much!  So have extra fun for me!  So I here are some more things about the MTC that you might find interesting, 1st they actually clean the sidewalks here.  I have wanted tot ell you all this for quite sometime because I think it is so odd. There is this little machine that someone rides around on and it cleans the sidewalks. 2nd I didn´t realize what a weird concept spud harvest is!  I was telling my companions  a story and I said spud harvest.  They both looked at me like what in the world is that.  I tried to explian how you just stand there and pick rotten potatoes all day off of a conveyer belt, but I am sure they still didn´t grasp the concept.  3rd It is so funny to people that I always tell everyone that I am from Ashton even though nobody know where that is.  I always end up saying, oh it is by Rexburg. But I just can´´t bring myslef to say that I am from Rexbrug because that just isn´t correct.  Well there you go, some funny little things about my time here.  It really is great.  My companions and I were talking about how we just need to take tons of picutres of everything because we will never be back here ever again!  That is a weird feeling.  I feel kind of like I have lived here my whole life. 
Have such a wonderful week and remember to take some pictures of your fun family time and send me some!!
I love you!
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment