Sunday, June 26, 2011

Letter #6


Hello family!  Sorry for that other email the computers are having alot of difficulties today!
Well I have much to tell you this week.  First of all I need to tell you when you send me dear elders put an x befor you put Marianna because there is a Meagan Clark here so our Dear Elders are getting kind of mixed up because they sort them by first name.  That would be great if you could put a 0 or an x and then my normal address.
Second of all I realized that in a couple of weeks is the big clark family reunion! I am getting camping withdrawals here but I do want to say that I really want on eof those cool clark t shirts so if you could send me one I would Just LOVE that!!! 
Ok this week has been so great! It has been very spiriutaly uplifiting because we have had some great lessons and also some great deviotionals. We had Brother Zimmerman as a sub and he gave us some encouragement.  I said that if we were here all by ourselves we would just be so shocked at all that we ahd learned, but since we are surrounded by so many other missionaries all we can really think about is all of the rest of the things that we have to learn! so he just advized us to take a second and just be grateful that we have come so far in such a short time!  That is what I have been trying to do this week.  Take a second each day and just be grateful for all of the things that I have to be grateful for.  The list really is endless.  We had a group lesson with the othere district in our zone and I was like wow I really have come so far as I listened to them speak.  Now I just have to keep pushing myself to get better as I only have three more weeks left here at the MTC!! How crazy is that. I can't even beleive it, the time here has gone by so quickyly.  I think I am more nervous now to leave the MTC and go into the field than I was leaaving home and coming here.
Last Wednesday our distric got the opportunitie to host the new missionaries.  It was so cool!  I remember when I just got here and the sister missionary that helped me was so great.  I was so grateful for here encouragement and for telling me some of the things that I had to look forward here at the MTC.  I got to host two girls.  One was from Rexburg.  They were both very nice.  One was already fluent in Spanish so I was slightly jealou sof here.  The cool thing is we get to do it again this wednesday.  There are 100 new sisters coming in this week! Can you even beleive that!  100!!!! There are alot of elders coming in as well.  The MTC is going to be packed.  I am so glaed I got here at a slow time as I acclamated to the atmosphere here.  I really can tell that the numbers a re increasing.  This wednesday the new mission presidents are coming in for training. I will be able to meet with my new mission president and talk with him with all the other missionaries that are going to Ventura.  We will also get to here from an apostle this Friday!  I had a dream the other night that President Monson was coming so we will see:) I am excited that I get to be here doing the new mission presidents meetings because it is going to be a really cool experience.  I hope I get to see some apostles.  My testimony is ever increasing of the importance of having a prophet and that he really does have his authroity from God.  I have started to read our search for Happiness. What a classic!  We also were able to listen to a talk that elder Holland gave here at the MTC called The Miracle of a Mission.  He talked about how he thinks of his mission every day.  I was wondering what all of your thoughts on your missions were? I know you all think missions are important but do you think of y ours every day?  Just a question that I would love to here the answer from all of you:)  I also learned some great new study skills.  I have been finding that my studies are stlightly scattered.  We had a sub that helped us figure out a system of asking simple questions that investigators might ask about different principles and just searching Preach my Gospel and the scriptures and our mission library.  The scriputures hold So much wisdom! I am astounded at the treasures that I find in the scriputures each day.  They are such a blessing in our lives.
I am glad to here that Father's day was good.  I love that Jed and Amanda got dad an itunes card.  I would just suggest the song that dad looked up right after I got my call.  something about a road to Ventura.  I sure you all would just love listening to that often and thinking of me!!  Mom also said that you have foregone the annual half marathon for the temple to temple relay. I am sad I can't be there for this because last year it was so much fun.  I can just imagine you all driving by who ever is running at the time and just cheering for them.  I also love that you will be running with a bunch of college students!! Is it from the idaho falls to the Rexburg this year.  Last year we ran to idaho falls.  If the finsih line is the Rexburg temple I wish the person running the last leg much luck because that heal is a MONSTER!!!  Once again you must take pictures and send them to me!  I got some pictures from Tania this week of the blessing.  Klara is so precious and I was showing everyone I could how beautful she is.  My companions were amazed that mom made such a beautiful dress for her.  I loved the simple style of it!  I have heard that you all have horseback riding on the mind and also that you got kittens!  How fun!  I also wanted to tell you that soon we will be receiving our flight plans.  I am pretty sure it will be on July 11 that we will fly out.  I will be able to call you so don't plan anything way exciting so that I can talk to everyone!  Tania said that they will fly into Salt lake that day but usually we fly out early.  I will email again and I will tell when I will have time to call.  I am excited about that day when I get to call!!!!  I learned some cool things about our mission the other day.  there are about 50 sisters and about 10 that are going to speak spanish.  there are many branches but the places that have spanish wards are bakersfeild and I think Santa Barbara.  One of my comps has a friend that went there that gave us some info.  Well I just want to leave you with one last thought.
As you all start to go campling and spend more time outside.  The other night we were in our classroom having a lesson.  We had just taught and were so tired.  We noticed that the sunset outside was beautiful.  So we literally ran downstairs and up to the front of the MTC to see the sunset.  the sky was orange and purple set next the mount timp.  It was so beautiful.  My teacher asked us to pionder on the beauty of the earth and realize who created the earth.  No one could ever have fcreated some so beautfil and wonderful than Jesus Christ.  So I would ask you as you go outside and spend time out doors, take a second and just look around you.  Look at the beautiful world that we have been blessed with.  The beauty and magnificance of the world testifies of Jesus Christ!  He is our savior and He lives, and He loves each of us individually.  I have felt His individual love for me this week has he has lifted me through some times where I have really struggled.  I know that he will do the same for everyone.  I love you all so much and wish that I could just bundle up all the great experiences I am having and send them to you, but I am afraid that won't be possible.  Just know that I think of you each and everyday and pray that you are all well.  Know that the Lord is helping me and is answering my questions through the people that associate with here!! The church is true.
 
Te AMO!!
Hermana Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment