Friday, May 14, 2010

Today...

Today I realized that I wished my youth away way to quickly. I remember growing up and thinking to myself I can not wait to turn eighteen and go to college and live on my own. With every new age I awaited something new that was to come in the future, sometimes I worry that I wasn't taking every moment in and relishing in the glory of having no responsibilities other than going to school every day. I had a plan and some kind of accomplishment that would come with each age. The highlights were 8 I would be baptized! 12 I got my ears pierced, that was a great day, 16 I could finally date, and probably the most awaited one was my eighteenth birthday when I could graduate and get out of the house and GO TO COLLEGE!!! I dreamed of this day and thought it would never come but in reality it came quite quickly! Now I am seeing a problem in this plan of mine. All of these things I was waiting for ENDS at 18?? What was I thinking. Life goes on after you turn 18 and now I find myself at the big twenty and realize that I have to start making some of the most important decisions I will ever make. Do I enjoy all of this....I sure do not. So today I am sitting here hoping that I am on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment